Friday, May 20, 2016

Tuesday, May 17th Atlanta and the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum

We left Lake Powhatan early and headed for Andersonville, GA.  But we had to literally loop right around Atlanta so we stopped into the Jimmy Carter Presidentail Library.  I have a lot of respect for Jimmy Carter especially for all the good work he has done in his retirement. 

 Entrane to the Carter Museum.
 This quote sounds familiar.

 These next three shots are from the recreation of the Oval Office.


 This quote rang true for me.
 Elaine and I at the front of the museum.  All in all it was a good museum to visit.  It brought back a lot of history of the 1970's for us.  I highly recommend this museum.
At a stop light after leaving the museum I could not resist this view of downtown Atlanta.  The loop road around Atlanta is 6 lanes wide and packed!  I think some call it the LA of the East coast.  Pretty impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment