Sunday, May 22, 2016

May 21: Goodbye FL, Hello LA

Here is a view of our second campsite in FL.  We had to change sites in the same park due to availability.  It was a nice site nestled in teh palm trees.
 We got an early start and threaded our way down Route 98 and then I-10 west.  Here is a view of Mobile, Alabama. Alabama definitely got the short end of the deal from Florida when they laid out the state boundaries.  Florida took a good portion of the coast that should have gone to Alabama.  Also the gas was $0.40 cheaper in Alabama, so another reason I was sorry we were in Fl so long on I 10.
 The welcome center in Mississippi was designed as a Southern plantation.  When you walk inside it is like walking into an elegant southern plantation.  Look who I met there!   The King!
 Here is the outside view of the welcome center in Mississippi.
 The New Orleans downtown skyline is partially dominated by the Superbowl.  I did not realize it was so close to downtown.
 We camped at Bayou Signet State Park for two nights.  It is a great park with plenty of space between sites, a playground, showers, and a free laundry!.  We still had some sheets to do so the next morning I did the sheets and worked out some Grit aerobics while waiting for the loads to time out.  I did not get to many stares.


No comments:

Post a Comment