Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 23: Onto Texas!

The drive from New Orleans to Texas was uneventful.  I did come up with one product idea.  You know how smart phones have accelerometers in them?  Well couple the acceleration response from driving on a road to the location on that road.  Average the data from all phones and walla, you can rate road roughness for municipalities to have as data to know what road is in need or repair.  I though of this as we drove over many miles of concrete frost heaves near Lake Charles, LA on I-10.  I think this would do well in Worcester to rate road roughness and where they need to fix pot holes.  It would require no driver intervention.  I will file for the patent when I get home.

 Ok after a day of driving we are resting lakeside having our evening drinks at Yegua Creek State park at Somerville Lake just outside of College Station TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment