Friday, May 20, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016: Biltomore Estates Asheville NC

We spent most of Monday exploring the Biltmore Estates in Asheville.  It is a cross between Downton Abby, Newport, RI, and Disney Land.  I added Disney Land because the walking tour of the inside of the mansion was pretty crowded and had long lines.  

 The one interior visual was the three fireplace mantle, I have never seen this before.  It must have kept everyone in this dining room pretty toasty.

 These are some views of the outside front of the mansion.

 Here is Elaine and I in the Rose Garden.
 This is my artsy shot from the gardens looking towards the mansion.
 What the heck.  OK who knows the name of this?
 Front lawn, I think this would take awhile to mow.
We ended the day visiting with Elaine's cousin Cynthia's daughter Michelle Pugliese who is the  ‎Land Protection Director at the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy.  We had a nice dinner at Doc Choy's and dessert at the French Broad Chocolate Lounge.  I had a dark chocolate liquid Truffle! All the food was great and we had a great time catching up with Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment