Tuesday, May 10, 2016

“If you come to a fork in the road, take it!”  Well a year ago we came to a fork in the road and we decided to take it.  I retired from Bose and a month later took a position teaching full time at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester.  It has been a hectic year and Elaine has been very patient with me as I prepared lectures and assignments, not giving her much attention.  I finished my last class a week ago.  It was a great term guiding a mix of sophomores, juniors and seniors through a product development cycle for a cell phone speaker attachment.  Now it is time to reconnect with Elaine for something we started doing 43 years ago: a cross country road trip.  
Day 1: a visit to Pine Plains, NY to visit with my brother, Mike, his two sons Victor and Blake, and their new house guest, my mother!  It was good seeing them all and plan to visit them more this summer.  To get to their house we drove through Stockbridge, MA where we honeymooned many moons ago.  Tonight we are camping at Locust Lake State Park, about an hour south of Scranton, PA on I-81.  I am writing this blog while listening to Peter, Paul, and Mary in Concert.  I just got a weird look from Elaine as I expressed regrets from not bringing my guitar with us!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! You should have brought your guitar...COUNTRY ROADS Take ME HOME TO THE PLACE ..WEST VIRGINIA...MOUNTAIN MAMA..TAKE ME HOME.. Enjoy. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete